Thursday, September 11, 2008

Birthday Wypaz!

I went out to New Castle last week for a birthday favor to myself (1 of 3 that weekend). I ended up going solo after a friend had "technical difficulties" with his health. I got there a little too early (5:40am) and it was still pretty dark. Another fly fisherman got there shortly after me and we ended up fishing the morning together swapping stories and flies.





Katy and I went on Cedar Mountain the next day and I watched Katy fly fish while Connor and I played in the grass and rocks. It was great to see how well Katy is picking up casting and had a couple fish hit her fly.

The next evening, Craig and I went to our favorite small stream and had a great time as always on that stretch of water.

I'm spoiled!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A nice looking fish...bet he would have tasted really good!!
GReat job, Katy, with the fly fishing...Soon you'll be able to give 'ole Mike & Craig some pointers on how to do it.
Love, Grandma Marg