Sunday, May 13, 2007

Friday Fishing 5-11-07

I finally got out to go fishing after almost a month of missing out. The past couple weeks have been bad weather on my days off.

I went with a friend from work. We first fished Antimony Creek. I took a while to find because I missed the turnoff and it put us way oiff course. I wanted top put a few more fish on my bamboo rod I rebuit a couple months ago, so I decided to use it instead of my trusty XP. I missed a few strikes, but came away 0-1.

We stopped at a mom and pop store a got some lunch. Then we headed to Otter Creek and fished below the dam. 0-2...no luck.

Although Antimony creek was fairly clear, most of the streams and rivers we passed were blown-out from runoff. So we passed alot of streaches of water "That'll be awsome in a month or so"

It was getting late and a big fat zero was hanging over both our heads for fish count. We stopped in for a soda in Panquitch and met a nice guy with private land. He told us we could go up on his property. We were much abliged and decided it was do or die.

When we go up there, the water was a little murky, but fishable. After slinging a bugger thru a couple runs, I decided to check out the bug life under some rocks> I decided to use a dry-dropper with a stimulator and a pheasant tail below. The sun was blazing in my face, so the big stimulator was the only thing I could see. the first run after switching up, a caught a couple small browns. Here was the first and larger taken on top with the stimulator...


My buddy wanted to go to Duck Creek and try his luck there. But after finally catching some fish, I hunkered down and said we were staying here. Unfortunately, those two browns were the only fish of the day. Good thing they were mine!

No comments: