Thursday, June 7, 2007

Sarge Barge is Gone!

Well, here is a sure sign that we are having a baby...
I sold the Sarge-Barge today. I am having a little "seller's remorse" right now. But I already decided to sell the boat and sold it for a fair price. But it sold so quick, I'm going to have to deal with calls for the next couple weeks about the boat when its already sold.

I bought the boat for my graduation present to myself. Katy and I really had a spectacular summer last year using it almost weekly. I was able to share my love of fishing with Katy. She seemed to always out fish me (except a couple times) and always caught the biggest fish. Dad and I went camping about a year ago to Puffer Lake on Beaver Mountain and enjoyed fishing and riding quads...which we have both now sold.

Sarge and I enjoyed a couple days out on Minersville Res. last fall. We caught some very large planted Rainbow Trout, but mostly got blown around the lake. Sarge isn't a very good fishing companion...unless he is in the boat. And he has to have his lucky sweater on, or he'll freeze. He does let the whole lake know every time Katy and I would catch a fish. He got very possessive of his boat when a fish tried to jump into it.
I enjoy fishing streams much more than lakes. And now that Katy is a prego-nut, she wouldn't be very comfortable in the boat. Plus, the boat is a little too small to safely bring a baby in...so we made the right decision to sell the boat. But it still hurts a little.

1 comment:

Michelle Y said...

I'm sure you're sad to see it go. All the sacrifices we make for our kids... At least you can still enjoy your passion of fishing in rivers.