Thursday, April 23, 2009

Little Tikes on the Little Reservoir




Katy, Connor, and I went to Little Reservoir. on Beaver Mountain for a well needed reprieve from my 55 hour work week. I guess "fish eat metal" too. I lined up my XP, but between the micro-bursts and Connor in my back-cast, I decided to put it away. Plus Katy kept catching fish after fish and I couldn't seem to find any awake...except this small shad taken on a #16 zebra midge.

Between the three of us, we caught over 20 fish in a couple hours. It was a fun family outing to start out the spring.











Connor takes his business serious. There's a couple spots I have in mind for Connor to catch a Brookie on his own (Connor didn't hook this fish, but he did a good job holding the rod while it tried to get away).

We ended the day at Wendy's. Connor loves hambuagas. When we got home he didn't want to put his fishing pole down. He had to take a bath with it and then he ran around the house until 11pm yelling sheshe. I think he's got the bug.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute & totally adorable...I hope you are saving all of these pictures and videos for Conner. I especially thought it was cute how he threw the fishing pole into the water with the fish still on it...I was so intense on the video that I yelled and grabbed for the pole myself, as if I could retrieve it for him!
Love, Mom