Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Backyard Dinosaur



While watering the fruit trees in the backyard, Katy spotted a Horny Toad. We put him in a box and planned to keep him as a pet. I Googled how to take care of it, but it seems like these guys don't fair well in captivity. I decided to take a few shots and let him (or her) go back into the wilds of our backyard. I've been studying how to take better pictures. Fly Art Studio has some great tutorials on how to take good pictures, even if all you have is a point-and-shoot camera. I finally found a use for the $5 tripod I purchased from Staples. I've been looking for a Gorillapod around town, but I think I will be ordering one on-line soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize it was a toad... it looked somewhat like Talyon's lizard-thing...has been lots of fun for he and his sisters.
love, Mom