Saturday, July 7, 2007

One more outting before I have to go back to work

I headed out to go fishing a little after 10:30am Friday morning. After getting a soda, I decided to head home and call it a day. It was way too hot to go fishing. About five minutes from returning home, Craig called me up to go fishing that evening.

We left Cedar at 5:30p and was stopped at an "administrative checkpoint" just before the turnoff to the stream. The checkpoint was oddly placed in the middle of nowhere. I think they were looking for drunk hicks. We got up to the upper Mammoth at a perfect time. We had the stream to ourselves. I spent more time losing flies in trees while Craig kept catching fish.


I missed a few strikes, but I couldn't buy a hook-up. I ended up losing all my White Wulfs, so I had to raid Craig's flybox to steal a couple from him.

I ended up catching one small fish in slow water just before dark. I hooked into a nice beefy one, but it broke off. Like usual, Craig had to wait for me to make a "few more casts". We got back to Cedar just after 11pm. It was a nice last horrah before having to go back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike!!
'Sounds like Craig knows a few "tricks of the trade" of fishing that would enhance your already great fishing skills. Watch him closely for clues.
'Glad you all had a great time at the stream!

Love, Mom

jan said...

I enjoy you blog. Glad to see you added some pictures of Katy. I agree fishing seems to be the dominat theme.

Good luck with your new job and getting ready to be a daddy.

Love,

Dad